Our goal is to make the life of a mobile or work-from-home professional and knowledge worker easier and enriched…
We provide a brick and mortar membership venue that provides configurable spaces that provides options and choices, like open and social spaces for extroverted people and collaborative work, or closed and private spaces for more introverted people and private work.
Our rooms and even our entire venue, along with the Clock Tower are available for rent for your special event, workshop, corporate training, team building event, and more. There are some restrictions as to the type of event and room availability. Please see our FAQs below. If you have more questions, please feel free to email us your questions.
1. Can we rent your venue for our wedding reception?
Sorry, but Carter’s Biz Cafes is membership venue that caters to the business community. We recommended are next door neighbor the “Jefferson St Mansion” for all wedding and reception needs.
2. Our association is looking for a place to hold our holiday party?
Our first responsibility is to our members and would not want to infringe on our/ their ability to conduct business.
3. Am I going to be stuck with a long term membership agreement?
There is no membership agreement required to rent rooms or our venue for events. However, rental rates are significantly discounted for our members. Carter’s Biz Cafes members sign a month-to-month agreement only. There is no long term obligation.
4. Can I post information about my business inside Carter's Biz Cafes?
We only post internal information and that of our partners. We have also have a no solicitation policy of other members or guests.
5. Can I bring my guests or clients to Carter's Biz Cafes?
See the Membership packages for more details.
6. Are there places to make private phone calls?
Currently we are requesting that calls be taken, when possible, on one of our two outside porches. Dedicated phone booths and areas are in the works.
7. Do you have audio-visual equipment for meetings?
Yes, a full range of audio-visual support is on our premises. Check with our Concierge.
8. Do you have food offerings?
We are in the midst of building out our Kitchen, that will be serving Holly’s Healthy Offerings, biz bites and beer and wine. In the meantime we have preferred local vendors that we can suggest.
9. Can you suggest overnight accommodations?
Yes, there are several nearby hotel/ B&B options ,including Airbnb. Ask our Concierge for more information.
10. Are there other interesting things to do in Benicia?
Benicia, California’s first State Capitol, is a waterfront community, with quaint shops, restaurants and recreational areas.